A large number of people apply for Canada immigration every year and desire to spend the rest of their lives there. The majority of them want to live and job in Quebec City. Quebec City is one of the most popular cities in Canada. Do you want to about the city? If yes, then scroll down and read below!
- Quebec City is the capital city of Quebec. Quebec is the province of Canada.
- Quebec is derived from the word “Kebec”. It is an Algonquin word that means a place where the river gets narrow. Quebec, as the meaning says, is near St. Lawrence and St. Charles. The two are rivers.
- It is the oldest French-speaking city in North America.
- The city is walled in the north of Mexico. The wall is 4.6 kilometers long.
- UNESCO declared its oldest part as a World Heritage Site in 1985.
- Around one-third of the population of Quebec City can speak English and French yet 95 percent of the population has a grip on French and 1.5 percent of people have mastery in English.
- 43.5 is the oldest median age of Quebec and major cities in Canada.
- Quebec Winter Carnival is the most awaited event in Quebec City. People celebrate it in February.
- The most beautiful hotel is Chateau Frontenac in Quebec City. It has been the most photographed hotel in the world.
- People celebrate St. Jean Baptiste Day at the Plains of Abraham. It is the place where Montcalm and General Wolfe fought in 1759. The place has a park which is 106 hectares long.
- The oldest grocery store in Quebec is J.A. Moisan Epicier. It was built in 1871.
- Quebec City is the best place to have food. The chefs cook food in maple syrup. The city has French cuisines and the city’s cuisines too.
- The sunsets at 3:59 PM and rises at 7:27 AM in winter solstice while it sets and rises at 8:43 PM and 4:51 AM in summer solstice in Quebec City.
- There are 342 cms and 86 cms of annual snowfall and rainfall on average in Quebec City.
- 25 degrees and -7.8 degrees centigrade are the average temperatures in July and January on average in the city.
- Quebec City has the world’s famous museums in which Chocolate Museum and Musée National des Beaux-Arts du Québec are must-visit.
- Quebec City has three ski resorts: Stoneham, Le Massif, and Mont. Ste. Anne.
- Montmorency Falls is in downtown Quebec City. They are higher than Niagara Falls by 30 meters.
So, these are the main facts about the city. There is the official website of Canadian immigration. You can visit the website to know more about the city and the procedure of immigration.